Pool tables are expensive investments. You want them to last you many years, and they will if you take care of them. Pool tables will come into contact with an array of creatures and general debris throughout their lifetime, especially if they’re outdoors. All of these things can cause damage to varying degrees. They can even damage the pool table to the point where it will affect how you play, which is the last thing anyone wants. The team at Perth Piano & Pool Table Movers recommends using one of our high-quality pool table covers to protect your investment and stop it from getting damaged. Keep billiard, snooker or pool tables safe and make sure you get several decades out of them!
Our Pool Table Covers Protect against:
- Sunlight – The cloth used on pool tables is extremely sensitive to sunlight and will begin to fade from excess sun exposure. Even if it’s indoors light coming through any windows will still cause fading and deterioration. If your pool table is placed in any position that exposes it to sunlight for a prolonged period a pool table cover will be the only thing that keeps it looking brand new.
- Rain – Many of us keep our pool tables outside under pergolas or sheds but they can still be exposed to rain and harsh weather during the winter months, especially when there are strong winds. Water damage can be extremely destructive and will diminish the value of your pool table. It can also affect how you play as the cloth is supposed to be kept dry and wooden legs can warp causing the surface to become wobbly or uneven. Keeping it covered as we go into Winter will protect your Pool table from any water damage.
- Dust – Whenever you’re not playing pool the table should be covered. Dust will settle over the cloth and over time will build up and cause stains. It can also affect the speed at which cue balls move across the felt affecting how you play. Using a pool table cover will keep the table in working order no matter how long you wait between games.
- Bugs – There are many different kinds of critters that will eat away at the cloth on your pool table. Moths, carpet beetles, silverfish, cockroaches and even crickets will slowly munch away causing holes and tears throughout the surface of your expensive pool table. Even indoors bugs can still cause huge problems and if your pool table is outdoors using a cover is a necessity to make sure your fresh felt isn’t getting eaten.
- Spills – Pool tables usually reside in areas where we entertain guests. But, when guests are over they won’t always be using the pool table. When there are drinks involved spills can become a big concern. People tend to put their drinks down on the edges of pool tables which can be easily knocked over. Any water or alcohol directly on the cloth will damage it and, most likely, affect play. It will also affect the appearance of your pool table but using a cover can prevent any spills from getting through to the cloth.
- Pets – For most of us, our pets are part of the family. That means they can roam about as they please. Since we can’t be watching them all the time it’s important to look out for ways they can damage furniture and belongings so we can prevent that from happening. A lot of animals wouldn’t be able to get onto your pool table so for some pet owners this isn’t really a worry. Bigger dogs, dogs that like to jump, cats and birds will be the worst offenders when it comes to pool tables. Any time your pet’s claws come into contact with your pool tables cloth damage and wear will occur. After enough contact, you could have rips and tears that affect how you play. Getting a pool table cover lets your pet roam and jump as they usually would without you having to worry about damage.
Protecting your pool table is going to save you money in the long run. Repairing worn, stained or ripped cloth is expensive, difficult, and not something you want to have to deal with. Now that winter is on its way your pets will be undercover more, the bugs will be seeking shelter, indoor entertaining will increase (which means more drinks around the pool table) the sun will still be out and now there will be rain to deal with! There are so many ways your pool table can get damaged so keep it protected this winter with a pool table cover from Perth Piano and Pool Table Movers.